Thanks Myron Graber for the great program last week at Rotary! We all learned a lot.
SERVICE ABOVE SELF
Rotary International's motto, SERVICE ABOVE SELF, embodies our humanitarian spirit. Rotary’s Avenues of Service guide our activities through...
- Club Service, we have fun, build lasting friendships, and make sure that our club runs well.
- Vocational Service, we volunteer our professional skills to serve others and promote integrity in everything we do.
- Community Service, we address local needs and work with our community to bring lasting improvements.
- International Service, we meet humanitarian needs around the globe and promote world understanding and peace.
- New Generations Service, we work with young people to help them become the next generation of leaders, visionaries, and peacemakers.
Here are two excellent opportunities to work on meaningful service projects:
Community Service -- Downtown Clean-Up day, Saturday, April 26th, from 8am-10am. We will meet at the Central Park Bandshell on the Square. Please wear your Rotary T-Shirts and bring gloves, broom, rake etc. There will be a sign up sheet at Rotary Thursday or you can e-mail Craig Davis if you can come or if you have any questions. This Rotary project can be used for a club make-up!
|Joe McConnell (L) and Craig Davis (R)|
International Service -- Kids Against Hunger, Wednesday, April 30th from 2:30 to 4:30 at the Riverside Casino in the Washington-Wellman Room in the Event Center. This project is partnered with the Casino employees, Kalona Rotary Club, Wellman Rotary Club and our club. We package meals to be sent wherever food is needed which is usually another country or our own if needed. A sign up sheet will be at the meeting Thursday or you can e-mail Susan Wellington at email@example.com if you can come or if you have any questions. This can also be used as a make-up so sign in. Also, please wear your Rotary shirts. It would be great if you would wash your Rotary shirt after the trash pick-up project on the 26th...
For our service projects we encourage you to bring your family members and let them see the projects we are involved in.
Thanks to everyone for all your help in making our club one of the best!!
UPCOMING PROGRAMSApril 24: Ed Lins - YMCA Future Plans
April 26: 8-10am Downtown Clean-Up Day - meet at the Central Park Bandshell on the Square
April 30: 2-4pm KIDS AGAINST HUNGER meal packing at Riverside Casino
May 1: John Moenck
May 1-3: District 6000 Conference in Ames
May 8: Kierstan Peck